Friday 18 April 2014

£1 MUA MATTE LIPSTICK IN WILD BERRY.



A few weeks ago, I was looking for a darkish lipstick to wear to a 1920s themed party that I'd been invited to. I had a nice dark plummy colour in mind, so I just went round all the makeup sections in Superdrug trying to find the right shade. I'd just about lost hope once I'd passed the Rimmel, Maybelline and Barry M sections empty-handed. But then I caught sight of the MUA section, remembering that some of their makeup products had been recommended by bloggers as being a decent quality for the low prices that they are. I spotted this gorgeous deep plum red colour - Wild Berry - amongst all the other lipsticks and just thought "this is the one!" And for only £1 I wasn't exactly going to leave it in the shop now, was I?

Okay, so the first thing I like about this lipstick is the packaging. I think the simplicity of the design is quite sleek and professional looking, despite the fact that when you actually pick it up it feels incredibly plasticy. But you can't exactly expect world-class packaging materials for a £1 product, so I'll leave it at that! The quality of the lipstick itself is okay - it's not incredibly pigmented, however it does darken up the lips a reasonably noticeable amount. I would definitely recommend using a lipliner too, as the lipstick doesn't have enough pigmentation to create totally crisp edges. The packaging claims it is a matte lipstick - I would slightly disagree with this, as it does leave a slight sheen on the lips that I wouldn't have expected from a matte lipstick. Also I find it quite a stiff product to apply - it isn't very creamy, so I would definitely wear it with a moisturising lip balm.

So ultimately, I would say that for just one pound it's a decent lipstick. Also it's quite a good choice for a beginner, who wants to go for something a bit darker than normal without having to go completely out their comfort zone. Plus, it's literally the cheapest lipstick out there!


Are there any MUA products that you would recommend? Feel free to leave a comment below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...