Sunday 8 September 2013

CASUAL SUMMER/AUTUMN OUTFIT.

It's that really annoying time of the year in the UK again, when it's just a bit too cold to keep wearing shorts but not cold enough for thick, fluffy hoodies. I know that many people find it difficult to work out what to wear during this transition period but hopefully this post will help.



Jumper
I got this jumper quite recently from H&M for £12.99 and it is a brilliant layering item. Despite the fact that it looks woolly, the maroon/burgundy coloured jumper is 55% acrylic and 45% polyamide, which gives it an interesting texture but is very comfortable to wear. It is a slightly open knit jumper, which means that you can just about see the colour of the garment you are wearing underneath through it. The jumper doesn't weigh very much compared to woollen jumpers and the slightly boxy fit makes it quite airy. It has 3/4 length sleeves, which is great for creating that horizontal line level with your waist to accentuate your body shape and give it more of a feminine touch.



Shirt
I added a white polo shirt, buttoned up to the top, underneath the jumper to give the outfit more of a smart, preppy look. It also creates more of a contrast with the dark jumper and the bright, white shirt poking through. I bought this a while ago from H&M for between £5 and £8.

Jeggings
These patterned navy blue jeggings aren't really the fit that a jegging usually is, but that is what M&S have decided to call them; I would say the fit is closer to a slim leg or skinny jean. The bird print reminds me more of summer but the colour scheme in the whole trousers is more a palette associated with autumn, which is why I think these are a great piece of clothing to wear at this time of year. They were originally priced at £25, but I bought them for £18 from the M&S Outlet.



Shoes
These shoes are a bit grubby now because I've worn them so much - they are really comfortable! I also got these from M&S for about £10 in the sale. I thought that another pop of white at the bottom of the outfit would really brighten everything up a bit.

You could wear ballet flats instead of the pumps, as well as some jewellery to make this slightly more of a formal look.


Disclaimer: I bought all of these items of clothing with my own money and photographed them myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...