Wednesday 6 August 2014

LIEBSTER AWARD.

It was a complete surprise when I refreshed my emails one afternoon to find that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much to the lovely ladies who did in fact nominate me: Jess of Jessica's Journal, and Emily of Through The Looking Glass.


Rules:

1. Link back to the person(s) that nominated you for the award.
2. Write 11 facts about yourself so people can learn more about you.
3. Answer the 11 questions given by the person(s) who nominated you.
4. After completing this, nominate 11 other bloggers that have under 200 followers and then give them 11 questions of your choice.
5. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and give them access to the link so they can find out more about the award.

11 facts about me:

1. I literally haven't grown since I was about 13. Sad face.
2. I am obsessed with chocolate.
3. I've never broken a bone in my body.
4. I'm British, but I don't really like tea. I'm sure that will change as I get older though
5. My favourite colour right now is teal.
6. I really don't like crowds.
7. I've only ever been to two gigs. Probably has something to do with fact number 6
8. I love driving.
9. I studied Graphic Design to A Level.
10. I then decided I wanted to try something a bit different and applied for Animation at university.
11. I have relatives in the USA.

Questions from Jessica and Emily (I picked a few from each blogger):

1. Why did you start blogging?
I already read a few blogs just before I started and really enjoyed delving into these bloggers' little spaces on the Internet that they could call their own, where they could write about whatever they wanted. I can't remember a definitive moment when I decided to start blogging but I think the reason was just that it would be something to keep me busy and focused instead of just wasting my evenings aimlessly surfing the Internet.

2. Where did the inspiration for your blog name come from?
Um.. well, I was just wanting something quite catchy, maybe with alliteration that tied fashion and home decor together quite neatly, and ended up with Camis & Cushions. There was no kind of inspiration - I just thought stuff through in my mind until I had the name I wanted.

3. What is your favourite TV series at the moment?
24 - it's literally all I'm watching right now!

4. How long have you been blogging for and what do you love about it?
It's coming up to a year now and what I love most about blogging is the freedom to write about whatever I want, and using it as a way to document what I'm doing at this point in my life.

5. Where would you like to travel in the world?
The USA (more specifically New York, California, Texas), Japan, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Peru, Germany - sooo many places!

6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Hawaii. Ever since I started watching Hawaii Five-O, it's pretty much been my dream to live there. It just looks so beautiful with all the beaches and palm trees and gorgeous blue oceans

7. What are your favourite savoury and sweet dishes?
Savoury would have to be Caprese salad, and for sweet I'd go for cheesecake. Definitely chocolate cheesecake.

8. Who are your main inspirations?
My main blogging inspiration is probably Rebecca of From Roses - I just love her photography, her blog design and the really simplistic way she decorates her home. Nina Nesbitt also really inspires me - she is so gifted at songwriting and her voice is gorgeous too. Also, her fashion sense is so unique and quirky and it's definitely encouraged me to branch out and experiment more with the clothes I wear.

9. What is the one thing that makes you happy? 
Music. I absolutely love listening to music, whether it's in the background while I'm doing something else or it's the main thing I'm actively doing. It just blows my mind how differing arrangements of words and notes and chords and beats can set completely different moods. I love playing the piano and guitar (not that I can even play very many things!) but when I play the things I can actually play, I let the music take over my mind and just feel it. Music just brings so much joy to me and I'm really glad that it can be such a massive and influential part of my life.

10. What is your favourite type of blogpost to write?
Probably my travel posts because I just love looking through photos I've taken of all the beautiful places I've been to.

11. If you woke up tomorrow and could do absolutely anything, what would you do?
A skydive. I've always wanted to do one, to feel that adrenaline rush and at the same time be able to see so much of the world from so high up without the restrictions of an aeroplane. I just know that it would be incredible.

My 11 questions:

1. What's your favourite music genre?
2. Have you always lived in the same place or moved around a bit?
3. Favourite movie?
4. Are/were you well behaved in school?
5. What's your preferred social media?
6. Are you more suited to summer or winter?
7. What's your funniest memory?
8. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
9. What's your most popular blog post?
10. Are you a pessimist or an optimist?
11. Are you a reader? If so, what's your favourite book?

Nominees:

Amy & Ally - Live Love Life

Ashley - Opaque Moonlight

Charlotte - Floral Days

Gemma - Gemstone

Jessica - Seeking Individuality

Katie & Brittani - Pleasantly Petite

Karina - Simple & Black

Maisie - What Maisie Did…

Megan - Arroway

Priya - Perfectly Priya

Shona - The Wildcat

I'd like to thank Jess and Emily again for nominating me for this award - I feel truly honoured :) Also, I hope all the ladies I've nominated enjoy doing this post as much as I did. If you do, be sure to comment below with a link to your answers and I'll definitely check them out :D


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...