Thursday 21 August 2014

RESULTS DAY + WHY I HAVEN'T BLOGGED FOR A WEEK.



So… it's been a while. Well, eight days to be precise. In the time that I've been away from this little here blog, I received my A Level results, which informed me that I do in fact have my place at my chosen university for definite! I wasn't overly concerned about not getting the grades for my uni, as for the Animation course I'm doing there's more emphasis on the portfolio, which meant the entry requirements were significantly lower than for a standard Medicine course, for example. Nevertheless, I found myself getting pretty nervous the night before I was set to go into school for the very last time to collect THE envelope. I think this was because I didn't want to fall short of my predicted grades, because that would mean falling short of my teachers' and, more importantly, my own expectations of myself. Luckily, I did the best I could have possibly hoped for, so all that hard work was definitely worth it!

Since that day, I've been pretty occupied with applying for a student bank account, sending off information for my first year's university accommodation, and finding flatmates and coursemates via social media. I've also started planning and collecting together some of the things I'm gonna need to take with me to uni, and I feel like a massive trip to IKEA is definitely on the horizon!

-----------------------------------------------

This last week, I've noticed that whilst my real life has been really exciting, my attitude towards this blog has been kind of meh. I've felt kind of detached from it a little bit, because I think it's finally dawned on me that I'm not going to be able to post as often as I'd like to once I start uni - I'm gonna have a degree to work for after all! And I really want to make the most of my time at uni, because I'll only get three years of it. I'd love to be able to post every other day, like I was doing throughout July, however, realistically, once I start uni (in just three weeks - eeeep!) I don't really expect to be able to post more than once a week. So, I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that for the time being, there won't be any kind of schedule for blog posts, they'll basically just appear whenever I have time. The reason for this is that I don't just want to inundate you all with a load of filler posts just because I don't have the time to sit down and write proper ones - I'd much rather have posts on my blog that I personally am proud of. Plus, I don't want to put the added pressure of a rigid schedule on myself, because I just really want to enjoy this particular period of my life - I just know it's gonna be a good 'un.

Thanks for reading, guys :)


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...